The Diary of Anne Frank

The Diary of Anne Frank Discussion Page
The Diary of Anne Frank

Act One, S1-3 – Living in the Annex

What do you think would be the hardest part of life in the Secret Annex?  Explain.

4 Responses to “Act One, S1-3 – Living in the Annex”

1.   Joe Bednar Says:

The hardest part of living in the Secret Annex is the lack of food. Personally, I like to eat a lot of food at one time so I would barely survive the first week with a limited supply of food. Also I love a large variety of food. Also, you get what Miep can get you so you could go a whole week eating the same thing. And if Miep could not get to you to give you food, you could go without food for a while. That is why having a little amount of food would be the hardest part of living in the Secret Annex.

2.   Alex Mikolas Says:

What I think that the hardest part to live in the secret annex if I was there is the lack of food eating only one type of food for a while, and having to see a floating turd when I needed the w.c. if I was to live under these conditions I would say, well I will be going either way I would rather go peacefully than be killed on the spot. Also I couldn’t stand being completely still for a working period with no electronics and no noise. That for me would be impossible. Knowing me With these conditions gone like a bullet. I would like to know how they survived this long with only Meip and Mr. Krayler knowing that they are up there.

•   Justin Foran Says:

I somewhat disagree I could live with that food as it is but I think being cut off and the living in the confined space with so many annoying people it would get more frustrating than losing a little food no outside contact only getting the short nicer version of what has happened and getting in the fights with some of them it gets annoying.

3.   Kaitlyn Nicholas Says:

I would say the hardest part of living in the Secret Annex is staying quiet. It’s hard because if you are too loud, you could easily become known by the outside and may get caught. Also, if you get into a fight, your automatically start to yell. So to avoid that, you have to get along with everyone and we know how hard it is to do. Another thing is that if someone can’t keep their mouth shut, they may end up talking at the wrong time and get everyone captured by the Nazi. So that is why I say staying quiet would be the hardest part of living in the Secret Annex.